It’s official: Think 2018 was a huge success. Demos, learning sessions, speeches and celebrity performances made the event a truly unique experience for attendees.
Now that the dust has settled and everyone has gone home, here’s a quick recap of some of biggest news from the event, with plenty of links to external coverage, so you can be in tune with what others in the industry are saying.
Pulling back the curtain on new IBM technology
- Bringing POWER9 to the IBM Cloud. IBM is teaming up with Nvidia to create some exciting hardware innovations. This also means new breakthroughs for the world of cloud. Read the full story on TechCrunch.
- Deep learning as a service on IBM Cloud. A new, cloud-based service will help bring deep learning to developers everywhere. Read what The Wall Street Journal has to say about this technology.
- Bringing the power of big data behind the firewall. IBM announced IBM Cloud Private for Data, a private data solution on the Kubernetes platform. Learn more from Network World.
Partnerships with other tech leaders
- IBM and Apple have been working closely together for many years. The latest in the partnership will be new developer capabilities in machine learning. Read more about this story at Computerworld.
- IBM and Cloudflare are teaming up to bring greater security to cloud clients. Learn more about this story from Fortune.
Speeches from top IBM leaders
- Chairman and CEO Ginni Rometty spoke on incumbent disruptors and the power of multicloud. Watch the recording here.
- David Kenny, senior vice president, IBM Watson and cloud platform, shared the stage with leaders from Bradesco and American Airlines to provide insights on harnessing the power of cloud. Watch the recording now.
- Arvind Krishna, senior vice president, hybrid cloud, and director of IBM Research, joined leading technical experts on stage for a science jam full of bold predictions about the future of technology. Watch the recording here.
There’s a lot of news in this list, but it’s only a small taste of the many exciting moments at Think 2018. The event also featured plenty of live demos, additional star speakers and many great hands-on learning sessions. It was a one-of-a-kind experience.
Hopefully you’re now caught up on the latest news from Think 2018. Be sure not to miss all the fun next year at IBM Think.
via Cloud computing news https://ibm.co/2cigQr9
March 29, 2018 at 10:21AM