Data Science Experience now available through Bluemix
Share this post:
Data Science Experience will be available as part of the Bluemix Catalog or through your Bluemix Subscription plan as of May 31, 2017.
Why Data Science Experience and Bluemix?
IBM has brought together its powerful Data Science Experience platform for data scientists and the best-of-breed platform-as-a-service, Bluemix to enable you to build production-ready cognitive applications and complete your full data workflow. You will be able to find Data Science Experience as
You already use Bluemix to build and deploy applications. In addition, Bluemix also offers managed data services including relational database dashDB and NoSQL database Cloudant. Data Science Experience now allows you to easily analyze that data stored in Bluemix and build machine learning models that can be deployed in cognitive applications.
Master the art of data science.
Data Science Experience (DSX) is a powerful data science platform, powered by Apache Spark, that brings together the best-of-breed open-source tooling with unique IBM value-added features.
- DSX maintains and super-charges Jupyter notebooks that support programming in R, Python, or Scala with a powerful Spark engine – and has R Studio embedded right into the platform.
- By allowing collaboration with these powerful tools and modeling capabilities on shared data assets, DSX improves your team’s productivity and helps you reach insight faster
- After you build a model in Data Science Experience, you can deploy it into a cognitive application using Watson Machine Learning. Watson Machine Learning brings the best of IBM Research to improve the performance of your deployed machine learning models.
Data Science Experience will help you take advantage of the key trends that are shaping the Data Science industry and will play a big role in the coming years:
- Shift from a product view to a platform view (Having a single platform that can address the needs of the entire data science life cycle).
- Simplify data accessibility and make model creation easy and accessible to anyone
- Translating insights from predictive analytics and machine learning into decisions using prescriptive analytics
- Operationalizing insights (Incorporating machine learning models into business applications and processes)
Building cognitive applications–better with Data Science Experience
IBM’s Data Science Experience will help you and your company take advantage of all these trends. Our users across industries from industrial manufacturing to financial services have also been leveraging DSX with other powerful IBM products and services found on Bluemix like dashDB, Cloudant, Streaming Analytics, and Watson IoT.
You can see examples of how this rich IBM ecosystem comes together to put you and your data first:
Work on a data science team? We also offer DSX for the enterprise with a pre-eminent Spark engine — find out more here.
via Bluemix Blog https://ibm.co/2pQcNaA
May 31, 2017 at 07:42AM